The second instalment in the Sun & Sand Sports Blog ‘How To’ series saw us taking to the water once more – and this time wakesurfing was on the agenda. It’s good to hit the water early in the morning when the sea is nice and flat – this makes it a lot easier for beginners to get the hang of it. Amanda Rushforth joined us for a wakesurf session with Carl from Fahrenheit Beach Sports and he took us through the basics: including foot placement on the board, holding on to the rope, and how to bring the body up to standing. Watch Amanda put it all into practice in the How To: Wakesurf video below.
Here’s a little recap of what you need to know:
1. Board placement: Start with your board in the water, facing the direction of the boat.
2. Foot placement: Place the heels of your feet on the board – your knees should be bent and your arms straight.
3. Standing up: When the boat begins to pull you, flip the board up, keeping your knees bent, and let the boat pull you up.
4. Holding the rope: Hold the rope with two hands and keep your arms straight. Don’t pull your arms into your chest.
5. Playtime: It’s time to get in the water and give it a go!
Get kitted out in all your gear from Sun & Sand Sports:
Stay updated on all the latest from the world of sports and fitness by signing up to the SSS newsletter below and follow the ‘How To’ series right here on the blog. In our last episode we learned How To: Surf – check out the surf session here.